Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Invasion

Seemingly overnight we have been invaded by hordes of Hornworms.
I hose down the deck everyday, so it is pretty easy to tell when they show up.

Some days I will look until my eyes hurt and not find one.
Other days, I can spot a monster like one from across the yard, then I call the macho bug killer of the household to dispose of the nasty thing (with his bare hands!). I do not touch caterpillars unless they are fuzzy, cute Monarch Butterfly caterpillars.

My Hornworm vision was working today and I found at least ten of the little boogers.

They really are beautiful in their own way, perfectly disguised to do their job without being detected by birds or other predators,

like women with scissors.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, you could always pick them off and go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you come and bait my hook, Syble.

    ReplyDelete